MBCDC partners with the City of Indianapolis, local financial institutions and community organizations to coordinate homeowner repairs for all residents - including roof repairs, replacing flooring, installing new counters and making homes accessible and safe. This is a first-come, first-serve program based on household income. Please feel free to contact us for further program requirements and details.
- We have reached our capacity for FHLBI applications. Please see list below for other participating FHLBI Member institutions.
- Processing of applications expected to start May of 2021
- First-Come First-Serve Basis
To connect with us regarding Homeowner Repairs, please contact:
(317) 924-8042 x402 | email@example.com
INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNT
SAVE $1 AND GET $3 MATCHED TO HELP BUY A HOME!
An IDA or Individual Development Account program assists low-moderate income Hoosiers attain their goals through matched-savings incentives and financial education. Operating behind the rationale that income alone is not enough for individuals to break trends of generational poverty, the IDA program focuses on asset building as a key component towards family and self-sufficiency. Participants in the IDA program are eligible to receive up to $4,500 in state match funds towards one of the eligible asset goals mentioned above. Participants also receive one-on-one counseling and 6+ hours of financial education covering topics such as budgeting, savings, credit, banking, taxes, and other money management strategies.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH AN IDA?
Qualified participants set savings goals and make regular savings deposits. Every dollar they save is matched, at a minimum for $3 for every $1 saved, to help them reach their goals so they can:
- Purchase a primary residence located in Indiana
- Expand a small business located in Indiana
- Obtain education job training
- Make essential repairs to owner-occupied housing
- Purchase a vehicle for employment, education, or job training purposes
APPLY TO START AN IDA
Download and print the application below and return with required documents to our office at 2855 North Keystone Avenue, Suite 130, Indianapolis, IN 46218. You may also come to our office for the application and assistance filling it out. If you have any questions please contact Keysha Toran, Program Coordinator at (317) 924-8042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLANS FOR NEW AFFORDABLE HOUSING